Table of Contents
- What is the Government’s GST portal?
- What is the GST E-method Bill System?
- How to Register for GST?
- GST portal login procedure for first-time user
- GST portal login procedure for existing user
What is the Government’s GST portal?
One of the options that produce the Goods and Service Tax regime a real winner is that currently, tax management comes with technological support through GST portal login. Now, you can avail of tax services online to file GST, read credit ledgers, or claim tax refunds in place of excess tax paid. The primary step of having the ability to try this is, to login into the Govt. of India’s official Goods and Service Tax login portal hosted at www.gst.gov.in. Here’s a summary of the GST portal login procedure for existing and first-time users on the GST portal.
What is the GST E-method Bill System?
Electronic method Bill, the eWay Bill is a unique document/bill that transporters have to carry once moving product from one state to a different or for intra-state movement. The eWay bill is to trace the product’s movement under the Goods and Service Tax.
It is generated on the eWay portal. The eWay bill should be generated for each consignment of products of value of Rs. 50,000 and more.
When an associate eWay bill is generated, a singular eWay Bill variety is allotted to the transporter, recipient, and provider.
Required details or documents to get the associate eWaybill:
- Firstly, we need Invoice/bill of supply/challan of the consignment of products.
- Secondly, we need transporter ID or vehicle variety, if we transport consignment by road.
- Lastly, we need transporter ID, transport document variety, and date on the document, if we transport consignment by rail, air, or ship.
Before GST implementation method, bills were generated through state-specific portals and were subject to state rules; however, after GST, the eWay bill is ruled by a consistent set of rules applicable to through-out India.
How to register for GST?
- To register for GST online, visit https://www.gst.gov.in and click on ‘New Registration’ listed below the ‘Services’ tab.
- Before clicking on ‘Proceed’ Enter details like personal profile type, business name, state, email ID, and mobile number and so on.
- Use the OTP you get on your mobile and email ID to come up with your Temporary Reference Range (TRN).
- Click on ‘New Registration’ once more and use your TRN at this point.
- Via the ‘Verification’ tab edit your application, transfer documents, enter details, and submit your application
- Use the GST Application Reference range that you just get to examine the standing of your application within the future.
GST portal login procedure for first-time user
- Visit https://www.gst.gov.in and click on on the ‘Login’ button at the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- On the login page, click on the word ‘here’ that you just can notice within the line: 1st-time login: If you work certain the primary time, click here to login.
- Enter your probationary ID/GSTIN/UIN and password as received via email.
- Enter the new username and password that you just would like to use in future and click on ‘Submit.
- Go back to the login page, and log in with your new credentials.
Moreover, the ability to pay GST online, which is necessary for businesses with turnovers surpassing the turnover limit, saves time and helps you specialize in different aspects of your SME venture.
GST portal login procedure for existing user
- Visit the GST portal in India, and click on the ‘Login’ button at the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- Enter your username, password, and the captcha code, and click on ‘Login’ again.
- The GST portal login procedure is now complete. And the page that follows gives you access to your dashboard.